Businesses, Click Here
Florida.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Lee County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

What are Lee County Arrest Records?

Lee County arrest records contain arrest information. In Florida, law enforcement agents arrest suspected persons in connection to criminal activity. Lee County’s arrest records provide information on the alleged crime and details of the charge set against the arrestee. Lee County arrest records are open to the public, under s. 119.07(1), F. S. According to this state statute, the Lee County Sheriff's Office is obligated to provide copies of arrest records upon request. Requesters can request records online or contact the office at:

15650 Pine Ridge Road
Fort Myers, FL 33908
Phone: (239) 477-1830

Crime Statistics

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement publishes crime statistics for all counties in the state. In 2019, 10,869 crimes occurred in Lee County, per reports. The county's 2019 total index crime count was a 15.9% decrease from the previous year. In 2019, there were 23 murders, 246 rapes, 386 robberies, 1,324 aggravated assaults, 1,343 burglaries, 6,792 larceny-theft, and 755 motor vehicle thefts reported in the county.

Also, in 2019, Lee County had a crime rate of 1,478.5 crimes per 100,000 persons. This number represents an 18.4% decline from the 2018 reported rate. The county's clearance rate was 31.0 per 100 offenses.

What are Lee County Criminal Records?

Lee County criminal records are official documents that document individuals’ illegal activities within the county's jurisdiction. They contain information on all misdemeanors and felonies ascribed to the record's subject. On criminal records, one will also find the convict's arrest data and personal information such as name, date of birth, race, and physical descriptors.

Criminal records fall under Lee County public records. However, some parts of some records are exempted from public view as provided in the state statutes. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement provides a statewide background check for the public, and the Lee County Sheriff's Office also maintains the county's criminal records.

How Do I Get Lee County Criminal Records?

Interested persons may request local background checks in-person at the Central Records office or submit requests through the public records portal. Submissions must include the name, sex, race, and date of birth of the subject. The fee for this service is $5.

The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) division of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FLDE) manages criminal history records for Lee County and the state’s rest. The division also provides access to criminal records on request. Members of the public can conduct instant searches using the department's online search tool. The fee for this service is $25. Searches that include more than one candidate incur an additional $25 per record.

Criminal history information is also obtainable by mail. Interested parties must submit a completed request form, providing as much relevant information as possible, including their full name, race, sex, and birth date. Certified results are available in English or Spanish.

Requests sent by mail must include a check or money order made payable to the FDLE for the applicable fee. Requesters must add a return address and send the completed forms to:

Florida Department of Law Enforcement
User Services Bureau / Criminal History Services
P.O. Box 1489
Tallahassee, FL 32302-1489

Note: Although a social security number isn't compulsory, providing one can help expedite and improve the search accuracy.

The Central Records Division of the Lee County Sheriff's Office processes online requests for public records. The services provided include traffic crash reports, information on service calls, offense reports, and local background checks. To obtain records online, interested parties will need to create an online account on the request platform. Residents can also request criminal records in person at the Central Records office, which opens between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday.

4750 Six Mile Cypress Pkwy.
Fort Myers, FL 33912.

How to Find Lee County Sex Offender Information

The FDLE maintains a public database that contains information on sexual predators and sexual offenders in Lee County and the rest of the state. Residents can search for offenders using the platform and can filter results by address and neighborhood.

Requesters can also conduct university/campus searches to find registrants working at or around an academic institution. Email alerts are also available to interested parties.

How Do I Visit an Inmate in Lee County Jail?

The County Sheriff conducts Lee County Jail visitations using video monitors and allows inmates two one-hour visits per week. Only people whose names are on the inmate's list will be allowed to visit.

The inmates decide who visits them and will contact the individual(s) by phone or through written correspondence. Interested individuals may also contact the County jail's Visitation Office on (239) 258-3773 to check if they are on the visiting list. All visits occur at the jail facility located in:

2501 Ortiz Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33905

Visitors are to arrive at the facility at least 15 minutes in advance. Visitors are subject to a search as the jail prohibits contrabands such as cell phones, cigarettes, gifts, food, and drinks. Any visitor found with any of the listed items may face prosecution.

Where and How to Find Lee County Inmate Information

The Florida Department of Corrections (FDC) manages the records of individuals held in correctional inmate facilities within Lee County and the state’s rest. Members of the public can obtain information by submitting an online offender information request. Requests must include the subject's full name and DC number (number issued by the FDC) if known. Requests for active inmate records should go to the institution holding the subject, while similar requests for inactive inmate records can go to:

ATTN: Central Records Unit
Florida Department of Corrections
501 South Calhoun Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2500

The Lee County Sheriff's Office also provides an online arrest search platform that lists individuals currently held in county jail. Requests must include the full name of the subject, ID, and booking number, if known. Requesters can also specify a booking date range and release date range.

What are Lee County Court Records?

Lee County court records provide information about court cases and proceedings. The Florida Court System consists of Circuit Courts, County Courts, and the Miami-Dade County Courts. Florida's Sunshine law presumes court information to be public records, although there are exemptions.

The Lee County Clerk of Courts maintains court records in Lee County. Members of the public can search court records using the online search tool provided on the Clerk's website.

Location of All Courts in Lee County

Lee County Circuit Court
Lee County Justice Center
1700 Monroe Street
P.O. Box 2469
Fort Myers, FL 33902
Phone: (239) 533-5000

County Court of Lee County
Lee County Justice Center
1700 Monroe Street
P.O. Box 2469
Fort Myers, FL 33902
Phone: (239) 533-5000

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

What are Lee County Vital Records

Lee County provides access to vital records through several departments at the county and state levels. Vital records include birth, death, marriage, and divorce records. The Florida Department of Health is the state agency in charge of processing vital records requests.

In compliance with Florida state laws, birth certificates are not considered public records until after 100 years following birth. Accessing other vital records may require a government-issued I.D.

Where and How to Get Lee County Divorce Records

Records for divorces decrees granted in the county are accessible by contacting the circuit court clerk. Also, the Florida Department of Health manages records for divorces that occurred in Marion County and other parts of the state from 1927 to the present. The department charges $5.00 for divorce records and $4.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time. This fee is non-refundable, even if a requested record is unavailable. In cases where a record is unavailable, the department provides a certified "No Record Found" statement. To get a divorce record by mail, requesters may send a signed application to:

Bureau of Vital Statistics
Attn: Vital Record Section
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042

Applications must include the spouses’ full names, the city where the divorce took place, and the event date(or a range of years). Individuals must also provide personal details such as their full name, telephone number, and mailing address.

Where and How to Get Lee County Marriage Records

Interested parties can obtain marriage records by contacting the Florida Department of Health. It maintains records of marriage licenses issued from 1927 to the present. Records for marriages before this period are obtainable by contacting the county clerk of court.

Requesters must submit a completed application form, providing relevant details such as the spouse’s name, date of marriage, and place of marriage. Walk-in requests are available at 1217 North Pearl Street, Jacksonville. Mail applications should go to:

Attn: Vital Records Section
Department of Health
Office of Vital Statistics
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042

Where and How to Get Lee County Birth Records

The Florida Department of Health processes requests for birth and death records in the state. Interested parties can obtain records in person or by mail. Only the person on record, immediate family members, and legal representatives have access to birth certificates. Eligible persons may make walk-in requests here:

217 N Pearl Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202

The lobby opens between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from Monday through Friday. Written requests sent via mail must include an application for a birth record form or application for a death record form and a copy of a valid I.D such as a driver's license. Applicants must mail completed forms to:

Bureau of Vital Statistics
Attn: Vital Records Section
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042

Where and How to Get Lee County Death Records

The Florida Department of Health maintains the Lee County death records. The requester has the option of obtaining death records through mail or in person.

To obtain copies of death records, the applicant will need to submit a written request or complete an application for a death record form. The department will also require a copy of a valid means of identification before processing requests. Applicants must mail completed forms to:

Bureau of Vital Statistics
Attn: Vital Records Section
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042

Are Property Records Open to the Public in Lee County?

In keeping with Florida Public Records Law, members of the public can access Lee County property records. Requesters can obtain copies by submitting a request to any of the relevant county offices.

Where and How to Find Property Records in Lee County

The Lee County Clerk of Circuit Court and Comptroller is responsible for officially recording all recordable property documents in the county. The office of the Clerk maintains an online repository of all properties registered in Lee County. Requesters can find deeds, mortgages, easements, releases of liens, court judgments, and other recorded property documents by searching the repository.

Applicants can request Lee County property records online. Applicants are encouraged to create an account while applying for property records online to monitor their records requests. Also, the clerk’s office can directly send all communication from the Lee County Clerk of Court to applicants’ email accounts if they create accounts. Applicants who do not create accounts while requesting records online may have the responsibility to maintain their Records Confirmation Number, frequently check the Records Request System for updates, and request additional information or clarifications as the need arises.

People can receive records requested by mail. However, they may have to pay additional charges to cover the cost of postage and packaging.

How to Look-up Lee County Property Records

The Lee County Property Appraiser maintains a registry of properties within the county. Requesters can search the properties registry online using either the parcel number, owner’s name, property description, instrument number, book or page details, or grantor or grantee search option. Upon searching the database, requesters can find status, recorded date, instrument or book page number, description, grantor, grantee, and email. Requesters can obtain more information by clicking on the instrument or book/page number. Upon clicking on the instrument or book/page number, the portal may redirect applicants to a page where they can find more information on the property by clicking on the various detail links provided on the page like “parcel details,” “2020 TRIM”, “Aerial viewer,” “View Comps,” and Variance Report.”

Location of Lee County Property Appraiser

Below is the contact information of the office of the Lee County Property Appraiser:

Physical Address
2480 Thompson Street
4th Floor
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1546
Fort Myers, FL 33902
Phone: (888) 721-0510
Fax: (239) 533-6160